If you are planning on travelling abroad with your animal, you will need to obtain a specific animal health certificate for the country you are entering first from the UK. In order for our OV to do this we need the following TRAVEL information:

  • Country of entry
  • Mode of transport
  • How many pets are you travelling with
  • Date of entry
  • Date of return
  • Who is travelling with your pet
  • Purpose of travel

Our vets will need to see your PET to check their health and scan their microchip. We need to confirm the following:

  • Microchip number and position
  • Microchip details
  • Date of birth of each animal
  • Sex and neuter status of each animal
  • Weight of each animal
  • Colour and breed of each animal
  • Vaccination record (Rabies)

Depending on your country of travel, your pet will require AT LEAST a Rabies vaccination a minimum of 21 days prior to travelling. Some countries require a Rabies blood test- please check this prior to travel as this will take considerably more time to perform and confirm. If your Rabies vaccination was done at a previous vets, or your pet has had one in the past, we need to have their records in order to fill out their travel certificates.

It is not compulsory for all countries, however, we recommend your pets are fully vaccinated and treated for parasites prior to travelling.

When you are returning to the UK, you will need to visit a vet in your country of travel to give a tapeworm treatment 24-120 hours before re-entering the UK. This CANNOT be given by us or yourselves.

Please be organised and give our OV enough time to fill out the paperwork. This needs to be signed by yourself the week before you are travelling.

Please thoroughly research the country(s) you are travelling too prior to committing on going with your pet. The .gov.uk website will point you in the right direction. It is your responsibility to research prior to travelling. Taking your pet dog, cat or ferret abroad: Overview – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)